While merit and skill are important, partners at our firm are considered based on who they are, not what they do or have done. We firmly believe it is our partners’ character that drives what they accomplish that can permit them the opportunity for equity participation. We have coined the phrase “net giver” at our organization. If labeled a net giver, you may be considered for equity participation after five years of working with our firm. Below are the characteristics of a net giver:
- Understanding and complete belief in our mission, vision and values.
- Exhibiting our company values with excellence, while understanding we all have room for continued improvement and growth
- Ability to process stress well and remain professional in even the highest-stress situations
- Filling an intrinsic role within our strategy, including evolving into a highly specialized role or assisting the firm in the execution of a strategy that is greater than one’s individual role.
- Ability to work well with others, including the ability to listen, compromise and embrace collaboration with the understanding that teamwork is a two-way street.
- Willingness to sacrifice by going above and beyond for someone else and/or the firm.
- Demonstrated loyalty and an unwavering commitment to the firm.
The individuals that can demonstrate these characteristics are invaluable to any organization and we’re honored to have them as part of our team.
Which brings us back to the original question: “What is AndCo’s business partnership?”
Our business partnership is key to the long-term success of our firm. It’s more than business economics and certain voting rights. Our business partnership rewards those who truly understand that we are better collectively than we are individually. It is rewarding those who put the interests of the greater good ahead of their own and then work diligently in their revised role to help the larger enterprise succeed. Our business partnership is the fountain that springs water that nourishes and grows our culture. It is what makes us different. It is what will make us better, and it is what makes us transformational.
When I announced the six people who best epitomize these characteristics at our firm right now, most of them felt undeserving; yet not a single person within the firm questioned their selection. While we will reward our partners with the appropriate economics, what excites me most about our business partnership is the understanding by all involved of what it means. These character values are inherent in who they are as individuals. Our business partnership is a celebration of those who are “net givers.” Our business partnership embodies who we are as a company and how we want to exceed the expectations of everyone we serve. Our business partnership is AndCo.